I present to you the quickest and cleanest meal to ever hit this blog. Back story — I am a crazy lady and roped Bryan (poor guy) into doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox with me. So here we are cook book in hand, trying to piece together some new, 21DSD friendly meals.For starters, prep your zoodles (zucchini noodles, for the unconverted). Watch your fingers though, those things are dangerous. We use a small hand held spiralizer and it works great. For this particular dish we chose to make a thinner strand, more like angel hair.
Next up, prep your aromatics because this will all come together quickly once you get cooking.
Melt your butter in a skillet and add the garlic and onion. Sautee until softened and the onions are becoming translucent.
While the onions and garlic are softening in the skillet, steam your zoodles separately. Place about an inch of water in the bottom of a pot and place a steamer basket in the pot as well. Bring the water to a boil, add the zoodles, cover and steam for about 3 minutes.
During the 3 minutes that the zoodles were steaming, we warmed the shrimp. We used cooked, frozen shrimp that we had thawed in advance. If you plan to use raw shrimp you will want to budget additional time to cook them.
Top with parmesan, if you like that sort of thing, and enjoy!
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
1 1/2 large zucchinis, spiralized
2 tbsp of butter (unsalted)
5 cloves of garlic
1 small onion
Two dozen cooked, frozen shrimp (41-50 Count) – thawed
To taste/optional: salt, pepper, lemon zest/juice, parmesan cheese
1. Spiralize the zucchini. Set aside.
2. Mince the garlic and dice the onion.
3. Melt the butter in a skillet, add the onion and garlic, cook until softened and translucent.
4. In a separate pot, add one inch of water and a steamer basket. Cover and bring to a boil. Add zucchini and cover, steam for 3 minutes.
5. While the zucchini is steaming add the shrimp to the skillet, cook until warm.
6. Add the steamed, drained zucchini to the skillet and toss with tongs to combine.
Optional: Add salt, pepper, lemon zest/juice to taste. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Do you spiralize fruits or veggies?